date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 04:05:43 GMT
subject: Mystery class field report (Days 1 and 2)
Okay, here it is, the long-awaited report. I'm going to try to stick to what's essential to keep this from getting way too long. But if you have any questions about anything, I'm glad to elaborate. Again, let's try to keep the flames and character assassinations out of this thread: Mystery's class is the only one I've ever taken, though I'm sure what the other teachers and experts here have to offer is amazing and rewarding too.
A SUMMARY FOR THE LAZY
1. Yes, Mystery is an amazing PUA. There are VERY FEW women (whether alone, in groups, or with men) who he can not approach and at the very least #close within 15 minutes.
2. I recommend this class very, very highly for those who have some game but need to improve it or work on sticking points. If you have absolutely no self-confidence or are so painfully inhibited that you cant carry on a conversation, Id try to work on those issues first. However, the class may still be worthwhile if only to watch an accomplished PUA at work.
3. Like we've said a hundred times in ASF, there is no magic pill, and this class isn't one. But, at the same time, this weekend of classes is much more valuable and helpful than a full year of just reading ASF postings and SS materials. The reading is just about education, but the class is all about application.
4. Finally, as for me, the class was different than I expected, but at the same time I got more out of it than I expected. I have a MUCH better understanding of how to use the tactics I read about here. And, more importantly, Mystery brought my game to the next level, as you shall see in the following...
I meet Mystery and his WING in a hotel lobby. There are two other students, a fairly inexperienced guy in his early 20s and a distinguished looking older man who is somewhat shy. Both good guys. Mystery lectures on approaches and openers. Then he analyzes each of us: he has good instincts, and in a way the class is worth it just to get honest feedback on your social problems and what you can do to increase your allure in clubs. For example, he tells the young guy to go for a rocker look: to ditch his preppy outfit, get cool clothes, get a (fake or real) piercing and tattoo, and to shave his goatee a certain way. Unfortunately for the guy, he doesn't go clothes shopping at all during the class, which is a real shame, because Mystery was dead on and the guy could have easily gone from wallflower to chick magnet. Hopefully hes taken the advice by now.
Mystery tells me that I'll probably have a lot of success this weekend (heh heh) and then suggests an approach for me. It's one I never thought of, and in fact its quite embarrassing, but it works. We get in a limo and head to the first club, which is pretty dead. The second we walk in, Mystery walks up to a group of HBs and instantly launches into his routine. Within moments, all the girls are staring at him slack-jawed as we lowly students watch and learn. Mystery suggests warming up on any easy-to-approach girl, just to get in a talkative, confident mood. So, with the Wing, I approach an okay-looking party girl. Once I make contact, WING comes in and helps me out with the conversation, always trying to escalate it into more sexual talk. Eventually, SHE offers to buy me a drink. She gets the drinks, and I isolate her on a couch. I do some great EVing, and then we start talking about adventures, and she tells me about a threesome she had; I tell her about one I had. I'm getting the DDB, but I'm really not that into this girl. So, we all leave the club, and Mystery and Wing decide to bring Party Girl along in the limo so that the other guys in the class can practice some convo. So she completely ditches her friends and joins us.
The next club we go to is a super-trendy LA spot, full of models and HB9s. This one is a really good time. Ive been there before, and usually just settle for seeing and being seen. But this time, our group hits the club like a bomb. We fan out and just start talking to all these HBs (ignoring poor Party Girl). What is amazing is that no one is really rebuked, and once the social proof is coming in, were talking to really hot HBs left and right.
It's great, because as I'm sitting talking with one HB9, WING is sitting on the couch next to me. Hell whisper, say, xxxx, and Ill say it. Or hell say, grab her hair and smell it or whatever. These are things Id never do or say, but I do or say them and they work. We try Mystery's "Do you believe in spells" approach on one totally hot stripper-like blonde, and it turns out shes a white witch (or at least she thinks she is). WING makes her get cherries from the bar and feed them to us, just for fun.
Once I know she's a white witch, I have a great opener for other women, and just tell them, "That girl just told us shes a white witch. What do you think that means?" And girls here love dissing other girls, so I start talking to a hot Asian HB9 and her friend, whos a HB7. I don't want to go on too long, but I a lot of lines and patterns I saw Mystery use and end up #closing them and getting a weak *close from HB7.
As we're standing up to leave, a totally perfect new-wave girl walks by us. And by now its just become instinct not to let a HB pass by. I say something stupid about her haircut, and we talk, #close, and make plans for later that week--all within five minutes. Another good thing about the class is that if I'm spending too much time with a HB, Wing or Mystery will come over and say, in my ear, Time constraint, so Ill pretend like I have to go and #close.
Now its 2 a.m., so we pile in the limo and go back to our meeting place to dissect the night. Mystery tells each of us what to work on. I wish I could have him and WING whispering in my ear every night.
Oh, and what about Party Girl? She drinks herself into oblivion, evidently, and is last seen stumbling out of the club alone. Poor thing.
This night we go to a sort of cheesy bar. There are, however, a lot of girls there. Most of them arent too bright, so I just have fun. I actually spend the night learning how to wing. And it is so much fun and so easy to just disable the guys whenever Mystery or WING walk up to a group. This is one really important thing I learned in Mystery's class: how important and how easy it is to befriend and disarm the men in a group, whether sarging solo or with a wing. I was never able to approach groups before. Anyway, that night ends with WING and I setting up a double date for the next week for ourselves with two super-cute girls.
Its great because every question I have about sarging, Mystery has an answer and plan for. So, what I really learn this night are four important things that Id read but never really applied before. They are:
1. HAVE A PLAN. Watching Mystery, I realize that its important to know WHAT to say and WHEN to say it. Its insane to watch him just use nearly the exact same opener, the exact same gimmicks, and the exact same lines, and just reduce HBs to mush.
2. HAVE A GIMMICK (or at the very least a prop). This way, you can just bypass the small talk, demonstrate value to her with a short performance (a story or trick or demonstration or whatever), and start an in-depth conversation about whatever deeply personal subject arises from the use of the gimmick (that, I guess, is part of sex magic).
3. HAVE STORIES. Most people go out to be entertained. Be the entertainer. But entertain in a way that suggests or opens up the possibility of a connection between you and the target.
4. TREAT IT ALL AS A GAME. Because it is one!
So, based on this night, I go home and work on my own script, stories, and plans. I think that for Mystery, magic and mysticism work because thats what he excels at. Magic doesn't have to be for everybody: you're going to be a good PUA if you find something that you're passionate about that intrigues others, and then amplify that thing. Anyway, I come up with my own plan and sequence, a personal variation on Mystery's Find, Meet, Attract, Close. It is:
1. Establish yourself as an interesting person (and fun too)
2. Establish yourself as someone she can make an emotional connection with
3. Establish yourself as someone she can make a physical connection with
4. Make that connection